Sunday, December 20, 2009

Picture Updates and FREEDOM

As stated earlier today, Melanie is free from the hospital for a week. What a wonderful Christmas present! She wanted me to put some pictures from yesterday, and then I can talk a bit more about today.


This is Pam and Jenny. They are Melanie's friends, who came to visit. They brought her a nice SOFT robe. She keeps calling it a towel...chemo brain.


Melanie's brother Greg is an amazing singer with some amazing singing friends. They came yesterday to sing Melanie some Christmas songs and some hymns. We have known Brian Monson for years. The women are DeeAura Thompson and Aubrey Morrill. Melanie said they brought a great spirit into the room. They all sat and cried throughout the personal concert.


A big thank you to the group! It really lifted Melanie's spirits!


Melanie's good friend for years came to visit as well. Stephanie and Mel had a nice visit. She left Melanie with a guardian angel.



Today, before Melanie checked out, we were able to get a better picture of her and Andy Williams. What a great guy! Notice the t-shirt? No hospital gowns for a week! Her neutrephils were 2,100 today!! Yesterday they gave her a shot to boost them...I would say the shot worked. The great numbers were her ticket out!


Melanie was a bit anxious at first. After 38 days in the hospital, it is kind of scary to leave. Once she settle and relaxed, she was great. She was getting all of her pills organized in her new pill organizer. She takes about 10 pills a day right now.


She left her little table tree for a bigger one at Greg and Charise's. She was excited to wrap up in their nice cozy blanket as well.


Here she is enjoying a REAL dinner. She loved the salad, which we washed well so she could eat it. She will enjoy a variety of food this next week, without having to look at the same menu! Prayers have been answered! Melanie had so much energy and a new vitality for life being in a brighter and better setting (and a bigger TV).

Is anybody from Cache Valley coming this way Tuesday afternoon? Kaden was going to come down on Thursday with my dad, but Melanie would really like him to come earlier, if he can. It would be nice for him to get to spend more time with her, while she is out of the hospital. She will be back in for more chemo next week. Give Melanie a call or leave a comment. Thank you!

Enjoy the freedom and all it entails, Melanie!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! What a warrior!
I am headed down to Salt Lake on Wednesday with at least one of my boys, if Kaden needs a ride we would be more than happy to bring him.Give me a call 764-2132 or 787-2833.
Jan

Brother Greg said...

I should make one quick correction. Brian Monson, Aubrey Morrill, and DeeAura Thompson all sang with me. A very big thanks for their help!

Balls Fam said...

Great Job Mel!!! Can't wait to come see you. I know that Taylie and Lindsey will love to see you too :)

Heidi Hartley said...

That is so awesome! I am so excited for you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

Alean said...

Melanie, I will bring him down on Tuesday if he needs a ride. I will make a trip, not a big deal, just let me know.

alean

Heather said...

I am so happy for you! I have been thinking about you a lot the past few weeks hoping you were getting stronger and feeling better. What a great Christmas gift to be able to enjoy time with you family not in the hospital!

Desiree said...

It's a true Christmas miracle. I'm so glad you get a break from the hospital. Merry Christmas.

McCall and Eric said...

Melanie,
Hi, this is McCall Carson. Thanks for letting me borrow your cute classes, they are doing great. I wanted to let you know that I am coming to Salt Lake tomorrow(Tuesday) afternoon right after school. If your son still needs a ride, please let me know! My phone number is 435-760-8714. Also, I found the panda books! I will send them home along with your notes to the kids tomorrow! Merry Christmas!