Saturday, December 12, 2009

Changing of the Guard

Our mom and dad are having a night out and I get to stay here with Melanie tonight. My dad and I rode down with grandpa and grandma Perkes to Salt Lake. We had a white knuckle drive. The snow was really coming down and the wind was blowing. Thank goodness for four wheel drive. We made it here safe and sound.

Melanie and I on one of our walks. We enjoyed serenading the nurses with Christmas songs.


Mom and Dad before they left for their date.


Mel was really tired when I first got here and so she took a nap. She got some good news today about her Neutrophils...they are up to 300! That is some really good news.

Mel and I have had a fun time together. We watched a few episodes of The Mary Tyler Moore Show, went through Mel's mail, walked the halls together, sang Christmas songs, talked a lot, laughed, watched The Parent Trap and I gave Mel a massage. Melanie added a gratitude list on the side bar of this blog where she will add things that she is grateful for. She tires really easily and after going through her mail and going on walks, she was really wiped out.

I brought Melanie a wig to try out and it looks awesome!! It looks so much like her real hair. It is like it was made just for her. Thank you to Jocelyn from AZ for donating the wig to Mel. It was fun for Mel to look in the mirror and see cute hair in her reflection.

I took some pictures today...enjoy. :)


One of the card walls in Mel's room. She loves to read every one's cards, they really boost her spirits.


Here is a picture of Mel with her picture that was just added to the picture wall.


Melanie and shithead on one of our walks.


Melanie with the new wig on. Doesn't she look so cute? This is even without the wig being styled.


Mel and I.

Mel and her nurse Dasha.

Add Video

5 comments:

Theo said...

Hi Mel,

You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Your courage and strength amaze me. You inspire me to be a better person and be grateful for all of my blessings. I love it when I look at this blog and see your smile. I hope that your Neutrophils will continue to increase and that you will get to leave for a little while. Love ya!

angie said...

What a great wig! Looks so cute, Mel! I'll see you tomorrow. :)

Soto family said...

I LOVE the WIG!!!!

Jana said...

The wig looks great!!

You are always in my thoughts and never are you not in our prayers.

Les said...

The new hair looks SO cute on you!