Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 27

Melanie had a good day...we really like those! Our mom was able to leave for several hours to do some Christmas shopping and to shower and get some laundry done. She was gone for most of the day which I'm sure was a nice break for her. Mel had a visitor from her ward, Janet Benson. Other than that, it was a quiet day. Mel continues to have cold sweats at night and is not getting a lot of sleep because of them. She is catching some sleep whenever she can. Her blood levels are holding pretty steady, but we are still hoping and praying that the Neutrophils will get higher so we can't give her a break from the hospital.

Here in Cache Valley, we have been working on getting Mel moved. A HUGE thank you to the Elder's Quorum in her ward!!!!!! They helped Mike in packing two trailers full and taking it to a storage unit tonight. Your help was heaven sent...we can't thank you enough! I am so grateful for all of you who have left a comment saying that you are willing to help. Stephanie (Mel's sister in-law) and I will be at Mel's place tomorrow at 1 pm to finish boxing up and start cleaning. If any of you can make it, we would love your help! If you don't know where she lives, call me at 435-770-0432. We will be there for a few hours. Even if you only have a short amount of time, we will still welcome you! :)

3 comments:

Kerren said...

How I wish that I could be of more help with this moving, packing, cleaning project! Unless the district declares our weather "Too Cold For Kids!" (and their teachers) I'm rather stuck at school. You'll have things wrapped up before I could get there. Please know that you're all continually in my thoughts, prayers and best wishes. Our SLC trip has been postponed from this Saturday to next. Hope to see you on the 19th or 20th Mel. Love you lots! Kerren

Marrlee said...

We won't be up there until the 19th for the x-mas party of course. Maybe we could organize a family helper outer just before the party to finish up the place?? That would be a fun twist to our get together I think :)

My work is having their monthly blood drive on the 18th, a couple folks asked about your blood type and if/where they could go get tested to see if they would be a match, just in case. I thought it was amazing how quickly they asked how they can help in that area. It seems everyone knows someone who is going through this chemo stuff lately so I think that is why more and more people want to help anyway they can.

I know we haven't talked much in the past but it is impossible not to feel closer with this blog lately. We are out in West Jordan and have pretty well finished this cold we had so if you need something brought up please do not hesitate to ask!

Also you should think about getting on facebook, unless you already are, I heard even Grandma Perkes sent Dan a friend invite today!!!!! They got some silly-fun games that might help pass the time a little.

Love you!
Marlene Mitton

Rebecca Olson said...

Hey there cutie! I finally figured out how to actually leave you a note on this, with Alean's help. I want you to know that I think of you often, and pray for you daily! I'm so excited to see that you're doing so wonderful! You are an inspiration to many. Keep up the faith and the positive attitude. I sure miss seeing your smiling face at school. Can't wait to see you again! Take care! Love you lots, beautiful! Rebecca