Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Day 25

I talked with my mom very briefly today and I'm trying to remember all that we talked about...bits and pieces are coming to me...Melanie had a super rough night with little sleep for her and our mom. She was sweating really bad and shivering, at one point her body temp dropped to 94.5 and her blood pressure was low. The long night of course finally ended and a new day began. Melanie got her walking done in the morning. The 'wig lady' (how would you like to be called that) came by with wigs for Melanie to try on. My mom said that there were some red ones...funny! There was also a blond one which Mel thought made her look too much like Kelly Osbourne. I will be bringing her a wig down on Saturday which was donated by the friend of a dear friend of mine from Arizona. I think it will be a winner, it is close to Mel's hair color and a super cute cut...we'll see.

My mom told me about a special visit from a Providence mom...I wish I could remember the name. She brought some really neat things for Mel that brightened her day. Her children have been blessed to have Miss Melanie as their teacher. I will have to write more about their visit tomorrow after I talk to mom again.

Tomorrow's post should be a better one, I promise to be more prepared. :)

I love you lots and lots Mel!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I just happened onto this blog through a friends blog. I had no idea you were going through this Melanie. I knew from facebook that you had been feeling ill awhile back. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. You are such a strong amazing woman that I have no doubt you will kick this in the butt.
Heather Swenson