Monday, February 13, 2012

In the Low

Melanie's counts are up and down, and vary day to day.  Today her platelets were low, so she was given some platelets.  My mom said tomorrow she will probably get a blood transfusion again.  This is the lovely post chemo game.  She still has her rash, but they gave her some medicine that has helped it.  Hopefully, it will go away in a few days.

Melanie loves getting emails and cards.  Everyone has such great words of encouragement.  My mom was telling me about a book our aunt Heidi made Melanie.  I will have to take some pictures next time I am there.  It sounded so neat.  Thanks, Heidi!  Melanie and my mom thought it was so cute, and it made their day.

Not much else to report on.  Ladee is still working on transplant, and Melanie's body is working on getting all her blood counts back up.  Crossing our fingers that they come back fast.  Melanie is ready for some out of hospital time!

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

2 comments:

Jaelynne Francis said...

Thank you so much for keeping us informed. I have been wanting to call Melanie,but don't know when is a good time. Is email the best way though? and could you pass her email along? Thanks again! Jaelynne Francis

Amy Parker said...

We love you Miss Melanie, our prayers are with you daily. Hang in there. Love the Waylon Parker Family