Thursday, March 11, 2010

Shi-thead And Hospital Free!!

Melanie is out of the hospital!! Happy day!! She is staying at Greg and Charise's house.

I talked to my mom today, but didn't get all of the details. I do know that Mel was still puking, but decided that she could do that at Greg's house just as good as she could at the hospital. :) Her neutrophils went down to .9 and her blood was 23, so she got two units of blood. They got the results of the chimerism test today and found that Mel has 82% donor cells in her body. The doctors don't yet know what makes up the other 18%, but they will find out when she has her next bone marrow biopsy in a month or so. Her body is still not producing platelets, but Dr. Ash said that should happen soon.

Mel will go back to the hospital on Saturday for blood tests...pray for good numbers! So, she gets a full day without being poked and prodded by nurses and doctors...I'm sure it will feel like heaven on earth to Mel.

We are all so happy for you Mel! Enjoy the quiet and privacy. :)


Miss Nelson said...

Happy day!!

Marla said...

Melanie, Tears of joy came to my eyes when I read this! What a testimony that Miracles happen in our days. I am thankful for you. Enjoy your day!!! Love ya, Marla

Heidi Hartley said...

I am so happy to hear it Melanie!! Relax and enjoy it!!

Darlene said...

Melanie, I am so happy to hear you are out of the hospital. Enjoy your freedom. Rest and continue to grow strong! Tons of love! Darlene