Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pictures

Here are the pictures that go along with the previous post. For some reason, it wouldn't let me edit them on!
Derek was Melanie's transporter to and from radiation. He would always take her on different floors to avoid any germs he could. My mom was lost in his maze.


Melanie was so glad they figured out a way to do the full body radiation with her laying down. They couldn't start without the little blue bag by her mouth.

She lay behind a plexiglass so the rays that weren't as strong couldn't go through. She didn't need to get more than was needed.

She had to wear the face mask to ring the CELEBRATION bell!


6 full body radiations and 6 head nukes later, she is done!

She even got to keep the mask for memories! I guess she was getting some great looks going down the hall with the mask on.
SHE DID IT!

5 comments:

Mel said...

And - - I'm not dumb!!! I don't think. I was worried about being made not so smart, but I think I am okay. Memory isn't the best, but that started with the chemo. :)

Cami said...

I love the pictures Mel! That mask is sweet, I can't wait to see it in person. I'm so proud of you!

Marrlee said...

so proud of you!! I keep thinking of that the chorus line for "Ring my Bell" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0PamtXZO70 :)

Heidi Hartley said...

You are so awesome Melanie! One step closer to putting all of this behind you. Yeah!!

Kerren said...

This post really takes the "cake!" The photos are simply amazing, and only reflect a process that is absolutely "over the top" as far as treatment goes! Wow! It makes you wonder who researched and developed all of this technology and who it was that had the faith to put it into practice. Maybe it shows how much we want and need a cure! Wow! You are such a ray of sunshine, Mel. No wonder the hospital staff cozy up for a photo with you! Love and miss you! Can "outsiders" non-hospital staffers and non-family visit you?